Labyrinth by ErkanDuran Labyrinth water feature at Dayro d-Mor Hananyo (also known as Kurkmo Dayro in Syriac and Deir ez-Za`faran or Deyrulzafran

Labyrinth water feature at Dayro d-Mor Hananyo (also known as Kurkmo Dayro in Syriac and Deir ez-Za`faran or Deyrulzafran in Arabic meaning the “Saffron Monastery”, so named for the yellowish rock from which it is built), lies 6 km southeast of Mardin, Turkey the most accessible of the area’s surviving Syriac Orthodox religious communities. Founded in 493 AD, it was, from 1160 until 1932 the seat of the Syriac Orthodox Patriarch – though the Patriarchate has since relocated to Damascus. ( maybe not now 2014?)
A surprisingly large rectangular building of three storeys, set on a low bluff overlooking an approach road, it wouldn’t look out of place in southern Italy or Spain, and, judging by the different styles of stonework, was built in stages, with frequent pauses for restoration

↓

Notice: Undefined variable: font_family in /home/jgbennet/public_html/bennettpilgrimages/wp-content/plugins/gdpr-cookie-compliance/moove-modules.php on line 282